Instagram, which was introduced as a photo-sharing platform, has seen many new features, including the introduction of messaging and video content to the platform. After TikTok was banned, users moved to the platform to use reels as part of content creation.
With over 2 billion active users on the platform, Instagram has also started to focus more on video content. Be it Reels or IGTV videos, the platform has also developed a huge fan base for videos.
In a very short period of time, the platform has created a buzz on the reels and IGTVs. Users like it and even wanted to know how to download these videos on their phone. If you are one of them, here is how you can download a reel to your smartphone.
How to Download Reels on Android Phone:
1. Go to Instagram and open the reel you want to download. After that, tap on the icon used to share posts with your friends (the one that looks like a paper airplane)
2. Copy the reel link and visit the website called igram.io
3. When you get to the website, enter the copied link in the “Insert Instagram link here” box.
4. Click Download
5. The page will now refresh, showing the Reel whose URL you copied. Scroll down until you see the “Download.mp4” button.
6. The download will start on your Android smartphone after tapping the “Download.mp4” button.
How to download Reels on iOS devices:
1. Go to the Instagram Reel you want to save. Tap the three dots icon in the bottom right corner
2. When the menu appears, click the “Link” icon to copy the video link
3. You will need to go to a website called igram.io from here
4. Once you have opened the page, put the copied URL in the “Insert Instagram link here” area
5. Now, click on “Download”
6. The page will now refresh, showing the Reel whose URL you copied. Scroll down until you see the “Download.mp4” button.
7. The download will start on your iOS device when you tap the “Download.mp4” button.
Not only limited to entertainment, businesses and marketers have also made full use of the platform to promote their products on its platform.